What a long, sleepless week it’s been! Aside from the solstice messing with all of our biological clocks, Taylor’s second molars came in on the bottom. Some kids just pop their molars out without a peep – not ours. Poor thing was in miserable pain for a week and barely slept. I’m amazed that she does so well on practically no sleep at all. We kept a steady supply of Motrin on hand for the worst of it and eventually we rode it out. She’s doing much better now and two teeth closer to a full set.
Things that I love about living with a 2-year-old:
1. Every night when Zach and I put Taylor to bed, she asks for a hug and a kiss and a nose rub. Sometimes she asks twice. We never refuse.
2. When T.J. hears a song that she likes, she bobs her head in the cutest way with a little grin on her face.
3. Watching Taylor do the naked hokey-pokey is pure joy.
4. The nightly post-5 p.m. euphoria is just one big party that lasts all the way up until bedtime (makes up for the many, many, many months that we spent listening to her cry herself to sleep every night).
5. Sometimes when T.J. talks to Zach on the phone, she kisses the receiver. (Say it with me, “Awwwwww…”)
6. I will never stop loving it when Taylor holds my hand.
Taylor and her good friend Cameron:
Gene and Toby came to visit again last weekend. Even though they only see each other every couple of months or so, Taylor and Toby have become really good friends. They wanted to hold hands all weekend and I had to get evidence so that future Taylor and Toby will know how much they loved each other when they were little:
T.J. and I spent the past couple of weeks with Chiquita while my parents were away. Taylor and Chiquita are good buddies most of the time, but there were some times when they behaved more like siblings than child and pet. Chiquita kept trying to snatch little bites of Taylor’s food, so Taylor got very protective. A few times T.J. would get upset when Chiquita was in my lap. She would try to move Chiquita off of me and she would say, “Nooooooo….MY mommy!” Taylor is just beginning to identify what is hers and stake out her territory a little bit more.
Sometimes it just feels like a two-monkey kind of day:
T.J. learned how to play ball with Chiquita this week:
[flashvideo width=”400″ height=”300″ filename=”videos/Yr2Wk3Vida.flv” returnpage=”http://www.buildcoolstuff.com/wordpress” /]
…and how to play a little soccer:
[flashvideo width=”400″ height=”300″ filename=”videos/Yr2Wk3Vidb.flv” returnpage=”http://www.buildcoolstuff.com/wordpress” /]